Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last saturday my friends' grandpa shot and killed BOTH of her dogs, Caesar (BoxerX) and Jovi (Rot/lab). He has demensia (sp), so he's basically crazy. She found Caesar in her yard, alive, but he had to be put down because of a severe gut shot. :( She has yet to find where her grandpa dumped Jovi's body. :(

RIP.

Left to right;
Callie (mine), Jovi, Susie (mine), and Caesar.

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
Wow...this is very sad, especially for the family. I pray they seriously consider locking the firearms away from the elderly man with dementia. This sounds like a much bigger tragedy waiting to happen.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow...this is very sad, especially for the family. I pray they seriously consider locking the firearms away from the elderly man with dementia. This sounds like a much bigger tragedy waiting to happen.
Well, her grandma had supposedly put away all of the guns... but she apparently missed one. :( His own wife AND daughter are afraid to even ask him about where he put Jovi. Its sad.... At least I'm a witness to seeing him throw Jovi's limp body into the bed of his truck. My dad saw it, too; we were driving by when he finished her off with a hammer. :eek::(

·
Banned
749 Posts
Not only should they take his guns away but they should also take his truck and license away. A person with dementia should not be driving. He is a danger to himself as well as others.

Report him to the DMV for having dementia I am sure they will take care of his license.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Yeah.. sounds like this guy needs to be watched a little closer. Dementia is just awful, it's terrible to see people become violent. Poor dogs.

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
I'm sorry it's time for grandpa to be dumped onto the ice flow for a polar bear lunch. I would not want him in my home with my family. I know that sounds harsh but I would hope If I get to that point in life that the 1st thing I would shoot is me.
Obviously the ice flow program is not proper but he does have to be someplace that has the staff etc to watch him 24/7.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I am so sorry that this happened to you. I really am.

I agree with the others that Grandpa needs more care than your Grandma seems able to give him. He needs to have his license revoked. Some medication can help with dementia but they have to be taken religiously. If she can't even ask about the dog's body or keep firearms away form him,then I doubt she can enforce prescription meds. etc. It's possible he needs a Guardian from outside the family to make decisions for him if your Grandma is unable to handle him herself.

I pray the best for your family. I'm sorry to hear how it is.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
That is tragic on so many levels. But I'm with wvasko, this guy needs 24/7 supervision. If he's that crazy he should not be driving and should not even be in the same house with firearms. And what will they say if he goes nuts on a family member? I hope they figure out after this tragedy that Grandpa is a danger to himself and others.

In the meantime, I hope her family can find some peace after their terrible losses.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I'm sick to my stomach reading that... what a horrible tragedy!! :(
I'm sorry it's time for grandpa to be dumped onto the ice flow for a polar bear lunch. I would not want him in my home with my family. I know that sounds harsh but I would hope If I get to that point in life that the 1st thing I would shoot is me.
Ditto ditto ditto.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Obviously the ice flow program is not proper but he does have to be someplace that has the staff etc to watch him 24/7.
Agreed. Expecially with "I know that sounds harsh but I would hope If I get to that point in life that the 1st thing I would shoot is me." I feel the axact same way. If anything the guy needs to be put in a nursing home. Who cares if he doesn't have access to guns. He apparently has hammers too. I doubt there's no sharp objects in the house. A lamp could be a weapon...he's dangerous. He needs to be put away somewhere.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts