Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello.. my husband and I are the owners of a beautiful 4 month old great dane puppy. He recently started eating his own poop! Yuck. No matter what he will not stop!! .. he is on a high quality vet food.. but I recently grabbed the bag for smaller breed ( same stuff just smaller sized pellets) .. he doesn't chew these very well ..basically inhales. So I'm startin to wonder if the food comes out less digested? I don't know. Any advice would be great were not sure what to do. I have tried the hot sauce on poops on the yard. We have a very large farm property and it is winter so it is very difficult to get rid of the poops from the yard. PLEASE HELP!

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Sometimes they grow out of it with age, all you can really do is try and keep him from having access to it. Right now, my 5 1/2 month old pup has started picking up the frozen turds out of the snow and eating them if I don't keep a close eye on her. She never did it till they were frozen so hopefully she will quit when she gets older and they are not frozen.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it is deffinetly the frozen turds he likes. Hopefully this is just a phase! Beautiful pup! ♡

1 - 3 of 3 Posts