Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello guys,

Here's the deal:

Where I live, we have hot summers. I have a Bernese mt. dog, who has thick fur. I also have an in-ground pool. Sobaka is very hot and I want to cool her down. I can't let her in the pool, because her nails will rip the liner. So, what have you done? Is there a cover or something I can put on her nails?

Thanks,
C

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Jaia agrees with hulk.

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
Hey Carla, the video isn't loading!

Corteo, I agree a Kids pool from Walmart is the way to go, I hae one I use or baths in the summer and they work GREAT!!!!

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
PM RonE, I think he has a good setup. Wal Mart pools are good but get a heavy duty one(better made)

·
Registered
105 Posts
My dogs swam in my pool for years (before i moved)... And never ripped the liner. Our stairs to get in and out were a giant plastic or fiberglass mold though, not liner. are your stairs liner covered or a giant plastic thing?
(2 Nova scotia duck tollers...)

If you are really worried, keep their nails rounded with a dremmel tool. Ripping a pool liner is harder than it sounds.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Do you know if Sobaka likes water? We have a pool too (liner) and our dogs don't go near it. We bought a plastic kid pool - nope, no interest. Although we do use it to bath them in. When it is that hot out (humid wise) - our Berners don't sit outside with us, even on the shaded deck. Inside with the air conditioning. And these guys are always wanting to be near us.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok,
Wvasko, will do. Thanks!

boon4376, Welcome to the forum! My stairs have liner.

Luvmyrotti, yes, she likes water. I have a kiddie pool, and she was enjoying it, but she couldn't cool off...

·
Registered
926 Posts
Ok,

Luvmyrotti, yes, she likes water. I have a kiddie pool, and she was enjoying it, but she couldn't cool off...
Your lucky she likes the water - I wish my guys did. Heck, I would even sit in the kiddie pool with one of them (we all couldn't fit) :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts