Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

Lulu's colour was a really nice rich brown colour, but recently her color has faded a lot, even her black nose turn liver colored. I wonder if it's the food I've been feeding her. The fur on her head lightened the most... is there any food I should stop giving her or anything I can add to her food to keep her colour dark?

Her kibble: Wellness Core Original
Supplements: Flax seed oil, Glucosamine tablet for her joints
Bowl: Stainless steel
Water: Filtered tap water (should I try mineral water/distilled water?)

Are dogs sensitive to black seaweed and black sesame seeds? These are chinese traditional herb solutions to keep chinese hair jet black... just pondering...

·
Registered
232 Posts
Poodles almost always fade. That's why I like the lighter coloured ones better... Black poodles always look old to me by the age of 2-4. I dont think there's anything you can do about it

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Light coloured ones get tear/paw stains too.. anyway as long as she's healthy it's fine

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Yeah, poodles fade. I somehow doubt those herbs work. Hair color is determined by melanin deposits in the hair shaft. I don't see how you could encourage melanin deposits in the hair without causing melanin depositing in the skin.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
I personally like the white Poodles .... they don't show their age as much. The tear stains can be groomed away to a degree. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts