Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
And by housetrained, I mean where you can go about your day and not have to worry at ALL about your dog peeing/pooping in the house. I'm just curious. :)

Oh my, I just realized this is my first post here! Sorry, I didn't introduce myself first.... my name is Sara and I'm a stay-at-home mom to two boys, ages 4 and 5. We just got a male yellow lab last week and he's 9 weeks old today. We named him TJ. :)

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
Welcome to DF! :)

It took about 2 months or so where I was fairly confident that my Mastiff wouldn't have accidents.

With my Lab, he was an older puppy when I got him, probably around 4 months. He frequently had accidents until he was about 8 months old or so.

The difference is that I crate trained my Mastiff from the start and didn't do that with my Lab. I think that if I would have, it would have been much faster with my Lab.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Welcome!

It took me an average of 3 weeks. I was with them constantly and took them out through the night. My first 2 puppies never had an accident in the house and were trained but couldn't use the doggie door in 12 days. It was a couple more weeks until they got the doggie door down. The next puppy had a few pee accidents (totally my fault) and it took about 2.5-3 weeks till he was trained. The last one came to me untrained at 16 weeks old and it probably took more like 4 weeks for her.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts