Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

Podcasts!

672 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Luxorien 
#1 ·
I got some wireless headphones over the holidays and I've been listening to podcasts like crazy at work and during my commutes. I've been listening to CogDog Radio at the recommendation of my trainer and am really enjoying it. It's geared towards dog trainers/people who at least have a basic understanding of positive reinforcement training and covers a lot of really cool behavioral, training, sports-related, and ethic-related topics, among other things. There are several episodes about reactivity as well that I've found useful.

So, anyone listening to some good dog-related podcasts? Recommendations?

#2 ·
Fenzi Dog Sports Podcast and Drinking From the Toilet. Also Dog Talk With Dr. Jen (although she doesn't have very many).

#3 ·
Drinking from the Toilet is. my. favourite. Hannah makes me want to go back to grad school.

I also started listening to Hair of the Dog today and I really enjoyed the episode I listened to, featuring Dr. Jennifer Hekman (who also makes me want to go back to grad school).

Bad Dog Agility is pretty good too, if you enjoy agility (although a lot of their topics are, at their heart, about good training).

If you're interested in the really nerdy side of dog training, the Animal Training Podcast is good as well. It's about training all animals, but since the principles of learning are the same regardless of species, it has lots of great nuggets.

#4 ·
I hope I'm not necroing this thread, but I just wanted to say thank you for sharing these podcasts. I'm currently working my way through Drinking from the Toilet and it's made my commute a lot less boring! I was in a bit of a podcast rut (no new episodes of the stuff I like) and this really hit the spot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.