Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Blue is our new rescue who is adapting beautifully to us and city life. The only thing she won't do is go in the basement (which she doesn't have to, it's just something I noticed) and she doesn't like to come into our bathrooms either, so I guess she's had some bad experiences.

Anyway, I am wondering what mix she is. We know nothing of her history other than that she was picked up somewhere in Georgia by animal control by the side of a highway.

I thought at first Dachshund and some kind of wire-haired terrier but after looking at a lot of images I think she is a rat/feist and Cairn terrier mix.

Our ratties need to be on their toes lol. Now that I've seen her run after a squirrel we'll be extra careful to let our rats out only if the door to their room is LOCKED...

Anyway, what do you think? What's in her (and yes, I know I could run a DNA analysis, but hubby is not on board on that).

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
I'd say she has patterdale terrier in her.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd say she has patterdale terrier in her.
Interesting. Thanks for the name; I love learning about breeds new to me.

She is about 10 inches at the shoulder and 13 inches from shoulder to base of tail. As of now she is 13.5 lbs. and the vet thought she is about 13 months old.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, some kind of terrier. And all kinds of cute.
I agree lol. Spunky little things she is. Loves to run with the big boys and girls (and humps them too - so much chutzpah). I love taking her to the dog run in our neighboring town. It's long and narrow and the dogs fly up and down. There are obstacles in it too, so they can go up and down and through stuff.

Blue used it with this great Dane to be more on level LOL:

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
Well I really don't care what she is, The rascal is gorgeous and when she gets in trouble doing things that dogs do to torment their families, she will look very good doing it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts