Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't find a direct guideline anywhere for large breed puppies. Everywhere says to control the amount you give but I can't find anything that tells you how much is supposed to be in the dog food. My Cane Corso is 7 months old. Will someone please enlighten me?

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you..but isn't that saying that the 3.3 too much calcium? It looks like it's saying when they were fed those amounts they developed problems. I want to know when I'm looking at dog foods what percentages and ratios do I want to see on the bag. Right now my dog food says Min Calcium is 1.1% and max is 1.5%. I forgot what the phosphorus is. She's limping out of no where and I'm hoping it's just growing pains but it really makes me want to get her calcium/phosphorus levels correct.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you so much. =) No I don't really rely on my vet for nutrition needs. From books I've read and stuff I just don't trust them. They don't do very much training in Vet school for it. I was going to get some books on the subject though. Thank you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts