Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went through with adoption of 5 month old heeler mix. She is sweet as can be, smart, loves everyone and every dog she meets and cuddle bug. I am just freaking out with having a young heeler again . My other dog is close to 10 and I had forgotten about alot of what comes with having a young heeler and she is alot more feisty than he was. I know I can do it and have active lifestyle for this breed just have anxiety now that it's real and the nip bruises are also real hahahaha
It's like getting that job you always wanted but realizing it's an extra 20 hours a week and the next few years of training just get dog I want. Guess should say life long to keep her a sane happy dog just knowing heelers arent the easiest. I guess I just needed somewhere rant and people to tell me it will be ok...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Puppy shock. It's real.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
"Puppy Blues." It is real, and quite normal. Give it a few weeks while you settle into a routine, and the feeling does begin to fade.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
😭😭😭 at the emergency vet already. Went to park came home and she was unable to walk dizzy drooling but still knew to come to me. So scared and with everything going on I have sit in my car waiting to hear what's going on inside. I feel like such a failure already... I watch her non stop and still she gets things in her mouth 😭

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
:( I swear, pets live to give us heart failure.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am even more scared now... they said let her sleep it off. They made her throw up gave her charcoal. :-( worried. Worst part she got home had zoomies. Had put her down for a sec to open door to the house and was passed out when I put her down she popped up and took off. She was given a sedative so I thought she would stay out. She than proceeded to pretty much collapse. :-( hope I wake up to happy healthy puppy.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Fingers crossed. Any idea what she got ahold of?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The vet thinks maybe the end of a joint she picked up park was all the ideas she had. They gave her drug test which was negative for everything. Bloodwork seemed normal.... which I dont think its that because it's been 8 hours since her decline and she doesnt seem to be improving at all. I am so beyond heart broken 😭😭💔

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update. She seems alot better this morning just still very groggy.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Glad she's doing better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts