Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh the never ending battle I have with pet hair. Please someone tell me something that works. My vacuum leaves behind a lot of hair. Lint rollers work great but get expensive. Has anyone tried the new pledge pet hair thing? I really need some ideas. My dog's little short hairs seem to become embedded in the couch.

Any ideas? Anyone?

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
You can get rid of it?! LOL!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
We smuggle it out on the clothing of guests.
We do too and on their socks, and our socks. I think I have a small dog when I get done sweeping up the hair everyday.

Brushing helps keep the hair down. I don't have a solution to getting out of the couch. We cover everything with stuff that can be thrown in the washer. I wanna know how it gets in the bottom of the fridge! It never fails! It must be from them investigating the contents when we open it. No one ever eats anything, but they all stick their heads in.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Honestly I have decorated my house to be pet friendly. Rottweiler and cat friendly anyway. I have hardwood floors and ceramic tile floors. I also have all leather furniture. It is just so much easier to clean. I would love to get a robotic vacuum but that will have to wait for awhile. For now a dust mop each day and a quick vacuum of furniture if need be.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Vacuum daily, brush dogs every couple of days, bath the dogs weekly . . . and there is still lots of hair, but it makes a dent.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
I just leave the hair on the carpet and call it "extra insulation". :p

I suggest a Dyson vacuum.

For carpets they make a product called Zorb that you shake out onto the carpet. You then work it into the carpet. I use one of the vacuum attachments without any suction. Last you vacuum it up. It's a few extra steps, but it's amazing how it loosens the hair so it just comes up.

BTW, how does the hair get in the butter dish in the fridge and INSIDE the toothpaste container?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
haha. I have to warn people when I bring a cover dish. Sorry people I have indoor dogs and cats. I try to not allow any hair into any food... but sometimes it sneaks in.

I went and bought one of the Pledge hair remover roller things. It works surprisingly well. I'd have to say I'm impressed.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
We allow it to accumulate in the corners until it forms the size and shape of a small dog. If you leave it long enough it evolves and can learn basic commands. At that point we sell our CBPs (corner-bred-puppies) on ebay for big bucks. I'm writing a book on this new home-based business and hope to make it big.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
We allow it to accumulate in the corners until it forms the size and shape of a small dog. If you leave it long enough it evolves and can learn basic commands. At that point we sell our CBPs (corner-bred-puppies) on ebay for big bucks. I'm writing a book on this new home-based business and hope to make it big.
Lol!!!! :D:D:D

·
Registered
146 Posts
I could quit work! :)

I love the furminator! That little thing is awesome! The first time I used it on my rotties I was like OMG, really!!!!! I didn't know they had that much hair! It's a win win though because the first time I used it, before I was done and cleaned up the hair, the birds were stealing it for their nests....lol.

·
Registered
637 Posts
well i consume most of mine in my three daily meals.....sometimes i see it on the ground and get on my hands and knees and start picking it out...which makes no sense.....i remember once we had dinner guests and the lady sat on the "cat chair" I ended up..unusual experience helping her wipe hair of her bottom.....really i don't evend to dress anymore, just walk out of my room and role on the lounge room floor...a bit of glue helps the hair stay

·
Registered
146 Posts
While sweeping the floor for the second time the other day I was wondering if they make rottie hair speckled flooring. That would solve my problems....lol. No one would know if it was the floor or the dog hair.

I always tell my BH if people don't like the dog hair, there is the door, don't let it hit them in the behind on the way out!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts