Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
what if we do private rescues....not thru any rescue group?....i do rescues of BC's/BC mixes....but i do it on my own and not real often....could i list here?

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you are verifiable as a 501C rescue.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
For anyone looking to rescue a GSD, I've listed 2 rescues you might not be familiar with:
German Shepherd Rescue of New England
Lake Erie German Shepherd Rescue.

I personally have no affiliation with either org. (except for adopting a GSD from LEGSR). I just wanted to provide the names in the event anyone was interested in a GSD and didn't know about them.

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,044 Posts

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You can list any rescue here. It must be with links directly TO the rescue, no Petfinder links please. OH, the rescue needs to have a valid 501C3 tax status.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Last year I went to the K-9 and Kites festival and I walk the walk for the rescue organization F.O.U.N.D (friends of unwanted and neglected dogs).

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Pekingese Rescue Network, Inc. - Where I got Beavis. :) Their petfinder homepage is their website. They're very nice, helpful people, and were very thorough in matching the right dog for us, and the right family for my dog.

East Coast Asian Dog Rescue - Pekes, Chins, Lhasa Apsos, Shih Tzus and mixes of Asian breeds. Also very nice and helpful, but the dog I was interested in already had an adoption pending when I inquired about him. They did follow up with me when that adoption fell through, but I'd already adopted by then.

·
Registered
6,104 Posts
Both, as long as they are verifiable 501C non-profit rescues

1 - 20 of 127 Posts