Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys please keep Piggy in your thoughts today as she goes in for hip surgery.... dropped her off this morning, and they'll be cutting her open this afternoon. It's not a super complicated thing, but still as with any surgery big or small, there's always a risk of something going wrong in a bad way. So I'll worry until she's back at home with me tomorrow

She was all excited to go in though, haha

I've gotta call them after 2:00 and see how she's doing....

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Good luck, Miss Piggy. I've never met you, but you're already one of my favorite dogs.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry for the late update..... talked to the vet today, they said Piggy is doing great and is ready to roll! So I'm leaving work early to go and pick her up. Her surgery ended up getting pushed back a bit as they had several emergencies that they had to attend to. So they ended up doing it yesterday afternoon

In the meantime while she's been gone, I've been working on her hydrotherapy pool! It's coming along nicely and should be fully functional here before too long

This is what I started with... a 275 gallon plastic tank that I got for free from work. I already cut the top off of it here

Had to get some rough measurements to see if it was gonna be big enough for the Piggo.... it's gonna be close, but I think it'll be big enough once it's full of water and bows out some

So I gathered some more supplies the other day. I had accidentally broken the drain valve off the bottom, so I had to fix that

Got the water heater installed

Then I had to do a little dremeling on the drain valve, since I couldn't find a replacement that would fit it, I had to get a rubber coupling and cut off the threads to make it smooth

Put the drain valve with the spout for a water hose, which will be the inlet hose to a water transfer pump to circulate the water (and to drain the tank too, lol)

Time to test it out

Success! Holding water with no leaks, and getting nice and toasty :)

Still more work to do on it before it's finished, but it's coming along nicely. The next hurdle is actually getting her down inside of it, but I've got a few ideas for that, lol

Anyways, I'll post some pics up when I get her home tonight

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well Piggy is home safe n sound, and resting comfortably on her own bed

Took a little work getting her in the car, but eventually got her in, lol

She's a licker, so gotta wear the cone of shame =(. She HATES the cone, haha. But she was still in good spirits and excited to be home

Shortly after... all passed out

Got a gnarly little incision on her leg.... gotta take her back in 2 weeks to get stitches out

Thanks again everyone for the well wishes.... the vet said everything went smoothly and she was doing great in the short amount of recovery time she's had thus far. Plus they all loved her there after spending the whole week with her, lol. The doc that did the operation kept saying how great of a dog she was and she was SUCH a sweetheart. That's my Piggy! When I was leaving a couple of the people from the vet were helping another guy get his dog in his truck, and Piggy was sticking her head out the car window and they kept waving and saying.... "Bye Piggy!!". So I guess she made a few friends there over the course of the week too, lol

Time for lots of resting for the next week or two, then start some exercises =)

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Yay Piggy! I am happy she is home with you now and able to start her recovery.

And wow... you are quite creative and handy! That is so awesome that you built her that pool. You are by far the best doggie daddy, and Pig is just the best. that is all.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts