Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I have a sweet one year old pug named Dexter. I'm almost in tears as I write this because I am so worried about him, he hasn't slept in 2 days (so neither have I) he can't sit still for more than 10 seconds at a time, he is licking one of our pillows obsessively (but not like normal licking- its more of an aggressive but self soothing type of way), and then he will lay his head down on the pillow he is licking for about 5-10 seconds and then he cries and gets up and moves again like he is very very uncomfortable. He is usually a very affectionate dog and he doesn't want to be touched at all and whenever I look at him it breaks my heart because his eyes are huge and he looks so scared. In the past couple months he has had a few of what I think are anxiety attacks but they have never lasted more than a few minutes. I have tried everything to help him, I took him on a long walk, I put him in his kennel and covered it for a little bit, I gave him a little bit of the Bach's rescue remedy for pets and nothing has helped. I am at the lowest point in my life right now for money, I am unemployed and job hunting so I'm barely scraping by but I'm getting ready to take him to the vet if this continues. Can anyone please help me figure out whats going on?

Thank you so much,
Aubree Frantz

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
We can't diagnose him over the internet. He needs to see a vet.

My dog licks like that when his stomach is upset, but if it persisted more than a day we would go to the vet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.