Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am living a nightmare!
I have a1.5 year old male goldendoodle.
He is acting so strange! We have gone to the vet and there doesnt seem to be any medical reasons to his strange behavious, so I was wondering if anybody knows anything about this.

Basically we have a backyard which he goes to do his pee and poop or as we call it "magic". Lately there has been some snow which is now frozen over to a bit of ice. He is absolutley refusing to go in the backyard or the front yard. But the weird thing is, he has no problem going in the snow as we had no issues last winter. If we cross the street and go for a mini walk he will go but not anywhere near the property. Even when we are on our quick walk he takes forever. Today we spent nearly an our walking back and forth as he sniffed squated didnt poo, walked stared into space and kept walking. Its just tiring. Anyone have any ideas what this stangeness is?

·
Registered
24 Posts
As odd as that does sound, it could just simply be that he doesn't want to urinate/defecate in the backyard. My dog went through a period of that, but he soon realized that it was the only place he could go potty, and stopped.
You said you went to the vet, but when he squatted, was he straining at all? Perhaps he's constipated or has a UTI.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi there,
Thanks for the reply!
It is such strange behaviour. He does not have any symtoms consistent with those of a UTI and the vet has confirmed that. He is not straining at all very normal stools. He just stares off into a direction in the backyard and wont even entertain the fact that he has to go potty there. He does the same in the front yard. Basically wont potty anywhere on the property. Even when we take him accross the street he walks and walks and sniffs till finally he will go. Its driving me crazy!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts