Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a Belgian Shepherd that has a lot of fleas on him. I take for walks every day, 3 times a day and he really enjoys running like crazy and playing with other dogs. I already asked all my neighbors and they said their dogs don't have flea problems.

I've noticed that my dog really really likes to go into the woods, and play there, hunt deer and squirrels etc. but I think this area is full of fleas.

I tried to use the flea collar and I took my dog to the groomer and asked the groomer to wash him with flea shampoo. It did help but only for 3 weeks, and then more fleas showed up. Now I'm desperate because I don't know what else can I do.

I read this article about how to get rid of fleas on dogs and they mention there about the Flea bombing. I think it's very dangerous and I'm worrying for my dog. Does anyone have experience with this method?

What else can I do in order to prevent it? :redface: :redface:

Please HELP! :help:

·
Registered
125 Posts
I would definitely do a flea bomb and put your dog on either triflexis or comfortis. Flea collars are crap and don't work. Dogs need to be on a monthly flea preventative and heartworm preventative. You need to give him a thorough flea bath as well.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 3 of 3 Posts