Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dog now eats taste of the wilds duck formula, he is 7 months and I am not sure if the amount that he goes to the bathroom a day (bowel movements 2 x a day) is normal. I am not sure if it is because taste of the wild has a lot of protein, or it's just because we just recently dewormed him from tape worms. Should I add something to his food to get him back into his normal bathroom pattern? (canned pumkin, greenbeans, yogurt, etc???) or should I switch his food to one with less protein?

PLEASE HELP

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
How often did he poop before? Twice a day sounds fine to me.

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
Taste of the Wild is a high-quality food, and so he digests most of it. If you fed him a cheap food with lots of indigestible fillers, he'd have to poop more often. Less poop is a good thing :).

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I agree with twice a day poops sounding good. Taste of the Wild is a great food that I've rarely heard anything negative about. If the poo is runny you could add some Pumpkin for a few days to see if that helps. If a week later you've stopped the pumpkin and his poo is still runny then you may want to try a different food.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts