Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do i teach my Pomeranian she cant do everything she wants to do? I have a problem! I try to train her and teach her tricks which she listens to. My problem is my mom. she just hands her treats and food when ever, so she has a habit of jumping on people for food. She goes crazy when my mom is home and wont listen to me at all. This is really frustrating. I want her to be well behaved and listen but she just runs around and does what ever she feels like when ever she feels like doing it. Any ideas? I've talked to my mom about not giving her food like that and making her earn and work for it like telling her to sit down or lay down or paw before she gets a treat since she knows these tricks really well. But my mom doesn't listen to me and does it anyway behind my back and then she says that Roxie likes her more because she follows her ever where but she doesn't understand that she only follows her everywhere because she knows she will get treats for doing it and pick up and dropped food. Please help.

·
Registered
113 Posts
The solution is to tell your mom to stop underhanding all the training work you're trying to do. If your comfortable with the type of training you are doing and feel it would work if the whole family were on board then you need to be firm. Tell her that what she is doing is not good for the dog.

My in-laws have this exact same issue with their Pom, but when she stays with us the dog is well behaved.

·
Registered
11,145 Posts
This is not a dog problem, this is a mom problem. Unless you can convince your mom that 1. you're not in competition with her over who the dog loves more 2. free food doesn't equal love, there's not much you can do. Sorry. :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts