Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hia my name is natalie i was just wondering if anyone could help me i recently bought a bichon frises of a man that lives not far away from my home the pupppy is 17weeks old and she dont play with any ov the toys i bought her any help or ideas i can use to help her b a playful pup..also she only eat about 50grams of butcher puppy food is this normal ?!x

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
How long have you had her? Dogs are stressed the first few weeks with a new owner. She'll calm down and play soon enough. Give her time and make sure she has different kinds of toys. Some dogs like stuffed fabric toys, some like soft rubber, some like hard rubber. Give a choice to see what she likes.

I'm in America, so I'm not sure on the food. Sorry.

Pictures? Please?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive only had he two days but i thought tha she would be more playful than she is she lays next to my feet. Coz my friends got a shit zuh x pug n she really playful whereever she goes n always havebeen since shes had her x

·
Registered
15 Posts
hi natalie :)

first of all bichon frises one of the best toy dogs ...
you see , about playing and That stuff , don't be worry there is nothing to be worry about
but to me you have got to play with you'r dog i mean that you'r puppy need Need someone next to him first i Recommend you of this toys ..:

and make sure to be connection between you
don't forget she's puppy

and about the food >>
first make sure that there is several Flavor of food >> its better >>
and i Recommend you of this kind of dry food ...:

good luck :)

..​

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
OP
I'm gonna bet my personality/body/age etc are all different from you and Amaryllis is much different from both of us. Obviously this includes how we would handle the problem of being kidnapped and flown to a different country to live with strangers. There's a chance one of us would adjust immediately (doubt it) and one of us in a couple months and last one a couple years.

Relax and let father time take over. 3 weeks from now you may write complaining that she is a terror all over the home getting into stuff.

·
Super Moderator
12,177 Posts
And please don't feed Pedigree just because someone posted a photo of it. It's a horrible food.

·
Registered
15 Posts
And please don't feed Pedigree just because someone posted a photo of it. It's a horrible food.
first of all show some Respect to me >>
i really don't know what did i did to you ??????
secondly please don't say something you don't know about it please

i don't wanna show off but i have more than 5 years of Experience with dogs and their stuff >>
and for many years i have been give Pedigree food to my dogs all of them >>
and since then i didn't see any negative issues ...
beside Pedigree food is the most Popular food in my country .. beside give me one reason not to give any my dogs this food ??????
i am sorry if i was little Aggressive but you didn't give me any choice cuz since i registered and you have been talking about my posts !!!!!!

·
Registered
20,765 Posts

i don't wanna show off but i have more than 5 years of Experience with dogs and their stuff >>
and for many years i have been give Pedigree food to my dogs all of them >>
and since then i didn't see any negative issues ...
beside Pedigree food is the most Popular food in my country .. beside give me one reason not to give any my dogs this food ??????
i am sorry if i was little Aggressive but you didn't give me any choice cuz since i registered and you have been talking about my posts !!!!!!
Pedigree does not contain any actual meat. It also contains cancer-causing preservatives, artificial colors, and loads of corn. There are many MUCH better foods available.

Just because someone disgrees with you doens't mean they're picking on you. It just means they have a different opinion :).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Pedigree does not contain any actual meat. It also contains cancer-causing preservatives, artificial colors, and loads of corn. There are many MUCH better foods available.

Just because someone disgrees with you doens't mean they're picking on you. It just means they have a different opinion :).
i get it now thank you very much >>> i am sorry any way :)
everyday we learn something new >> thanx :redface:

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
i get it now thank you very much >>> i am sorry any way :)
everyday we learn something new >> thanx :redface:
A few years ago I also fed Pedigree for boarding dogs in kennel and never had problems. Decades ago I fed Purina because I could buy it anywhere in the country and never had a problem. When Iams 1st started I became an Iams dealer, that was back when they only sold to Vets and kennels, still never had a problem. Kennel dogs now are back on Purina and my house dog is fed Canidae.

Above is not advice on what to feed just personal history.

I think feeding what you can afford and what is available is way to go.

·
Super Moderator
12,177 Posts

Congratulations. I've had dogs for 55 years, though quite a bit of what I know about dog food, I've learned since I joined this forum. (Wvasko actually had the very first domestic dog which has, sadly, passed away.*)

Read and follow the rules, behave yourself and stick around and you'll learn something, too. Respect here is earned.

*In case it's not obvious, this is an exaggeration meant to indicate that, no matter how much experience you think you've had, there are people here with much more.)

·
Registered
9,406 Posts
I know what you're saying is wrong :) .... No dog lives for 55 years, not even dino dogs. And Wvasko did not have the first domestic dog... if you look at his signature... he trained dinosaur dogs :)

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
I know what you're saying is wrong :) .... No dog lives for 55 years, not even dino dogs. And Wvasko did not have the first domestic dog... if you look at his signature... he trained dinosaur dogs :)
ah yes the good old days, I remember them well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts