Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,849 Posts
This story, or similar ones, has been posted multiple times here.

I, for one, think we need to look to our own factory farms before we can, in good conscience, criticize the practices anywhere else.

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
This story, or similar ones, has been posted multiple times here.

I, for one, think we need to look to our own factory farms before we can, in good conscience, criticize the practices anywhere else.
I don't think cruelty to people in China has been stopped.

·
Banned
1,765 Posts
Being Chinese, I will say there is a certain level of misunderstanding of the consumption of dog meat in China. Chinese people do eat a lot of different animals and organs, dog being one of them, however dog is certainly not a commonly eaten meat and also not in high demand. It's more of a carry over from older times. Certain parts of china may have higher demand for dog meat than others but having lived in a couple large cities and also rural back water areas, I've never once seen dog meat for sale in any form.

Dog meat is probably more common in places like Vietnam.

Yes there can be a certain level of concern being dog lovers but really you can't really say any livestock raised to be butchered for meat is particularly humane. I tend to think dog meat consumption will die out eventually in China anyways simply because there isn't much of a demand for it. Dog ownership has grown a lot in China. I would be more concerned about breeding practices and pet health care than the dog meat industry.

Even if you wanted to do something, realistically, how do you expect to "help stop Dog Cruelty in China"? Write a petition?

Interesting side fact, the most expensive dogs ever purchased are Tibetan mastiffs in China. For pets not food. Most expensive being 1.5 million dollars. The 2nd most expensive was around half a million dollars I think. You can bet those are some extremely pampered pooches.

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
Even if you wanted to do something, realistically, how do you expect to "help stop Dog Cruelty in China"? Write a petition?
There's that common sense thing popping up again. Good start is to clean up he mess here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts