Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Sorry this is my first post and i havent introduced myself.

I have a 7 year old boxer Sammy who was diagnosed with lymphoma leukemia 13 weeks ago, the vet gave him 6/9 weeks 13 weeks ago and hes still here. Last weekend he took a turn for the worst and my husband and i decided it was time to let him go. But when i went to the vet he thought by putting him on other meds would help....but they havent really :( Tonight his breathing is so rapid its frightening :( dont know what to do. Please if theres anyone reading this and has any suggestions i'd be every grateful. Thank you in advance.x

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I'd take your dog to the E-Vet if you're frightened and unsure of what's causing it :( I'm sorry you and your puppers are going through this.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Loki love, Im going to take him to the vet first thing, i hate to see him like this its breaking my heart :(. I know its time to say goodbye, i just want to do something to make him as comfy as possible tonight. I have gave him a painkiller hope that helps.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
I am so sorry you are going through this ... you are all in my thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Do you have emergency vets where you are? If so, can you take him? Otherwise, can you at least call them? I would think that with leukemia, his red blood cells are not able to carry enough oxygen. The rapid panting may be the body's way of trying to get more oxygen. Without enough oxygen, they will faint, then die. It's not a particularly pleasant way to go, as panic usually results when you can't get enough air. Try to get him to an E vet now, or try to call your regular vet at home. Go thru the phone book and call every vet around and listen to their answering machines to see what they say to do for after hours emergencies. Or call animal control and see if there is a recording for who to call for injured animals that are found after hours. Then call them. There may be a vet on call for that type of circumstance that will take pity on you and see you tonight.
My prayers go out to you and sammy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im not sure if theres an emergency vet near me, but im going to try and get a number..thank you for all your help and prayers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just want to thank everyone again for there help and prayers last night. My poor bady has lost his fight with leukemia and is now in no pain. :( R.I.P Sammybear xxxxxx

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
I am so very sorry.

Though they have physically left us ... they remain in our hearts forever.

Run free Sammybear .......

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
I just want to thank everyone again for there help and prayers last night. My poor bady has lost his fight with leukemia and is now in no pain. :( R.I.P Sammybear xxxxxx
I'm so sorry for your loss :(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts