Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dog has been on different antibiotics in the last month and after being on cephalexin she now has stomach noise and discomfort as well as loose stools. Now she has to take Zeniquin and the vet prescribed FortiFlora to take at least 2 hours prior antibiotic once a day.
The issue is that she doesnt like the taste or smell of it so she will not eat it, plus im concerned about its ingredients. Is there a way better probiotic i can give her instead? Flavorless or odorless or best if its in a pill instead.
Thank you! Btw shes been eating grass should i stop her?

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
Try to find a good human-quality probiotic. If you go to the local health-food store and ask the clerk for help, they should have some good suggestions. It would be cheaper online but if you need advice you can't beat a locally-owned store. Although most human-quality products would probably be fine so if you just look around on Amazon most products they offers wouldn't be bad.

I don't stop my dogs from eating grass but too much makes them throw up. So you might want to limit her intake.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
We use Vetei-Science Probiotic BD. I now just order from Amazon since it's available there now. Our rehab vet also is a strong advocate for this probiotic.

·
Registered
467 Posts
My dog has been on lots and lots of antibiotics. She has taken RX Biotic. She has never had any digestive issues while on these probiotics. I mixed it with some yoghurt and mixed all of it with her kibble. She licked the bowl clean because she liked the taste. You can find it on amazon.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
When choosing probiotics, the more strains and the number of colonies the better. I had started Zoey on some probiotics from Walgreens that was in pill form - it had 10 strains of bacteria. I then bought some NWC probiotics from Amazon that had 14 strains of bacteria. She was actually on them for a while due to her having yeasty ears and UTIs but I can't say that they cured her. I am actually considering buying some NWC again to strengthen her bacteria since it's been a while since she has been on them just in case. I found powder form much easier to give to her then pill form.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts