Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody,
My 5 year old staffy, Sasha has become very ill :(
She won't eat any food, but is drinking like a fish. She turns her nose up at dry food, wet food, and even treats.
Her abdomen has become very bloated and she is somewhat lifeless.
You know the spring in their step of excitement dogs get when you say "walkies!" ? She doesn;t even care at the minute.
She has been sick (no blood) and is still passing urine and excrement.
I'm going to take her to the vets tomorrow, but I'm just after a heads up of what this could be, so I'm prepared for it.
Thank you in advance for any help.
Tommy.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Her abdomen has become very bloated and she is somewhat lifeless.
Get her to the vet NOW as in THIS MINUTE! Don't waste time on an internet forum!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took her to the vets not long after posting this thread, turns out she has Pyometra :(
She's in for her operation first thing tomorrow

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey guys, Sasha went into the vets this morning for her operation, I've just got her back now and can see a MASSIVE improvement!
Poor little git looks like she's dosed up on morphene and doesn't know what's going on lol :)
She has to go back tomorrow morning to get more fluid pumped into her, but looks like all's going to be ok so far!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Found out from the vet that the infected section removed was the size of a fore arm :(
She'd shown no signs of any pain or illness before now, little soldier haha.
Thanks for the support

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Talk to the Vet, but I believe that she will feel pretty good after 2 - 3 days. However, you have to keep her quiet for 1 - 2 weeks to give the incision a chance to heal.... You cannot trust her to keep quiet on her own (just like when she got spayed!).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts