Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can some one please help me to grieve for my beloved baby, my 12 yr old daschund Mitzi had to be put to sleep after a tumour was found on her liver/spleen. She was scheduled to have surgery to remove the tumour today but yesterday i woke up to find her unable to walk and slavering badly. i took her straight to emergency vet and he said she was to far gone and her liver or the tumour must have ruptured, im totally gutted more than i would be if a human had died. She was my baby i dont understand y she left me. i feel totally lost, i just keep collapsing to the floor hugging her teddys and screaming with pain coss i cant see my life without her in it. she was the love of my life. i know it sounds silly to some people but i just cant live without her in my life :(

please im begging for some help

·
Registered
36 Posts
The pain is awful, we all understand it, and I would bet that 99 percent of the users here, have experienced this type of loss at some point.

A friend of mine summed it up for me, during a time when I was grieving one of my babies. She explained, that this is the way it is, and we will generally "outlive" them, time after time, so the best we can do is love them with all our hearts, one at a time. I hope this makes sense, and I don't mean to dismiss or minimize your pain. The only thing that will ease it, is time, and when you are ready, a new love!

·
Registered
823 Posts
I just had to put my doxie to sleep in November. I still cry when I think about her. But, I know I gave her an amazing 14 years. I am sure Mitzi knows you loved her and had a great life. It is never easy, but in your situation, you made the best choice. You got to give Mitzi the best gift ever, an end to her pain. Remember all your good times together and know that her passing is just another part of your journey together. She will be there waiting for you at Rainbow Bridge. Until then, keep her memory alive in your heart and do not let it be tarnished by the pain of your loss. I am very sorry.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanku for ur replys x

Craven im so very sorry that u went through what im going through now. thanku soooo much for ur kind words, i feel as if i killed my baby not that i gave her a gift, my house is empty, i will never ever get another dog nothing could replace her xxx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts