Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dogs 059.jpg dogs 046.jpg

This is Daddy. He was found with his Pitty wife and three puppies on a country road with no houses. We are fostering all of them. He is to be posted on Petfinder, but we don't know how to list him. I look at him and I see a variety of breeds... just can't decide. He's 48 pounds, not sure how tall. He's a bit taller than his Pit wife. He's broad and muscular, but it's hard to tell because he has a broken left hind femur and was slightly malnurished. His tail is medium length and has medium furriness on the underside.

Thank you for your help!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, he's highly intelligent and very mellow. When we let him run, he runs around for a bit and just wants to lay in the sunshine for the remainder. Forgot the temperment portion. :)

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Agree with the above ^ ... ^ ... ^ He is very handsome too! :)

BC/ACD mix

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! He's amazing. He's a talker too, so he just melts my heart. I'd keep him if I had the choice. Living in dorms right now though, and the folks can only take him if he's outdoor only. We aren't cool with that.

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
ACD for sure. Maybe ACD/pit mix.

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Isn't he too big?
48lbs definitely isn't too big for a male BC. Is it on the large side? Ya, maybe a little. But keep in mind that BC's generally aren't bred towards a standard based on looks, like most other breeds. Historically speaking, they have been selected almost exclusively for herding ability, so you see huge variation in the breed in terms of looks: prick ears and floppy ears, all kinds of coat colors and types, and a huge size range as well. I've met 25lb BC's and 75lb. BC's, all pure bred.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I agree with ACD/BC mix. ACDs are typically broad/muscualar in build and can be quite heavy based on that alone. Looks like ACD build and BC colouring in the photo.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
My first thought of ACD and BC as well. It's really his coat color and thickness, as well as his eyes and ears that brought me to that decision.

He is soooooooooooooooooooooooo handsome. and now I want him </3
He has a calm look in his eye, like a quiet cowboy that just wants to go through his honest day's work then rest with his family.
Okay maybe that's a little dramatic, but to me, that's him.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
48lbs definitely isn't too big for a male BC. Is it on the large side? Ya, maybe a little. But keep in mind that BC's generally aren't bred towards a standard based on looks, like most other breeds. Historically speaking, they have been selected almost exclusively for herding ability, so you see huge variation in the breed in terms of looks: prick ears and floppy ears, all kinds of coat colors and types, and a huge size range as well. I've met 25lb BC's and 75lb. BC's, all pure bred.
Interesting! Thanks. :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My first thought of ACD and BC as well. It's really his coat color and thickness, as well as his eyes and ears that brought me to that decision.

He is soooooooooooooooooooooooo handsome. and now I want him </3
He has a calm look in his eye, like a quiet cowboy that just wants to go through his honest day's work then rest with his family.
Okay maybe that's a little dramatic, but to me, that's him.
That is like him! He's totally about family. He actually cuddles and kisses his wife. Melts my heart!

If you can come to NC to get him, you can have him! lol I had to go back to college today, which broke my heart, and he was crying and kissing me, which broke my heart even more! He's awesome. Like I said, I wish I could keep him.

I'll have to post some pics of the rest of the family.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts