Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello,

this is Lola, she's 2,5 years old, and I don't know what breed is she! :)
Please help me!

Thank you ;)

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
Looks like she's got some sighthound in there, or even great dane. How tall is she and how much does she weigh?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi there, I believe your dog is a sighthound, too. Maybe not pure breed, just mixed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She has 75 pounds (34kg) and she's aprox.2.10 (86 cm) tall! She's sleeping now so i can't measure her properly. I don't know if i converted pound and feet well, our measurements are in kg and cm!
People tell me she looks like a greyhound, and they see some pitbull (???) in her.
I really don't know anymore!

P.S. Sorry for my bad english :)

·
Registered
11,145 Posts
If she's 75 pounds, she's really too big for a pit bull, and I think her face would be blockier if she had any pit bull or other bully type breeds in her.

I agree with Crantastic, maybe great dane? Her face in the last picture especially looks like it could be, and her coat color and texture and her body shape would go with either one or both.

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
Yeah, I kiiiind of thought pit at first, but the head isn't really blocky enough -- her head looks more like a great dane's in that last pic. I could actually see greyhound, though; when I see them at shows, they're always bigger than I expect them to be (they always seem to be whippet-sized in my head), and a quick Google tells me that they can weigh up to 85(ish) pounds. They also do come in brindle. I don't know. She looks more greyhound mix to me in the first few pics, but looks more great dane in the last one.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ahh, she looks a lot like a larger Lurcher to me!

A Lurcher always uses a sighthound and usually crosses in a herding type dog With her overall look and her high tail set and head, I think I agree with that cross.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow... i just found this picture of a lurcher! It looks just like her! Except the coat, her's is much smaller and sharper!
I first thought that she has some great dane in her, but people dismissed it! Couple of other suggestions were Boxer and Irish Wolfhound! Her temperament is awesome, she loves people, children especially!
Thank you so much for your help!! :)

·
Registered
11,145 Posts
Oh by the way I didn't explicitly say this, but she is stunningly beautiful. I love a lean, brindle beauty. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you! :)
She was a mess when we found her! :( I can't believe somebody kicked her out! She was afraid of everything and everybody! We had a hard time with her in the beginning, but it was worth it <3

1 - 13 of 13 Posts