Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
20,764 Posts
YOU ARE TO TELL US THE LOCATION OF THIS VET AND NEVER EVER EVER TAKE YOUR DOG THERE AGAIN.
Um, why? It sounds like the vet did all the right things. I see nothing negligent in her actions.

Most countries have a sort of psuedo animal police/shelter run by the government. Just take him there and tell them what you just told us. They will treat him for free.
Well, no, in the U.S. there are no government-run free vet clinics. City shelters are high-kill and do not provide vet care. In some areas there may be a charity vet clinic but definitely not run by the government.

OP--call around to all the rescues in the area and see if any know of an assistance program for vet care, or if they've experienced this before (having worked with so many dogs they may have seen it). I don't think there's anything you can do witthout testing to find out what's wrong.

Under normal circumstances I would want to test for pancreatic insufficiency. But I don't know if that causes those kinds of changes in the blood.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts