Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is my first puppy and I've already learned tons from all of you. But I'm not sure if this is normal. I'm potty training her to go on the potty pad for now and she's doing pretty good. However I'm concerned by the amount of urine she's putting out. Sometimes it's a big spot but I've noticed lately sometimes(most times) it's a really tiny spot. Almost like just a few drips. She is drinking water it's always available to her. Am I just being paranoid or should I take her to get checked out? Please help :(

·
Registered
339 Posts
How many times a day does she pee? If it's a mix of big and little spots, that's normal. Sometimes they'll try to squeeze out just the tiniest bit of urine when they want to. For example a multiple pee session where the initial pee is huge and they just go several more times, but really tiny. Sometimes puppies learn that pee pee = attention, so try to pee every time they want attention but their bladders may not be always full when they do. But if you find that there are more little spots than big, or overall she is not peeing very much, take her the vet ASAP. There could be something really wrong, infection, blockage, etc.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It's normal :) as wicket said above if she is rarely peeing or you can see like a discharge then take her to the vet, but puppies pee all the time anywhere and different amounts :)

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
When Hamilton was younger (we've had him from 8 wks) he would squeeze out bits of pee every time we went outside. It was like anything in his bladder was a full bladder to him. Now at nearly 6 months, he goes out way less often, and pees a lot more at once.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all. :) I think it's probably like y'all are saying. She knows that if she pees she'll get a treat. My boyfriend said I was overreacting and it could also be because when I catch her peeing off the pad I pick her up and move her to it and she stops peeing. I'm just used to my older dog. He was already 3yrs when we got him so I never experienced the puppy years. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts