Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys my name is Patricia and i have a 3 year old pomeranian very healthy an energetic

My dog has had 3 simple seizures. The first one was in January 1st, second one on January 12 and third one on March 6 2012

He is extremely healthy and besides the simple leg twitching fo the seizures that last 2 minutes we dont see any other illness symptom. He is completely concious during the small seizure and after 2 minutes hes completely normal

We took him to vet and had his blood analisis taken and the veterinarian sais he posibly has CEREBRAL BABESIOSIS and that is why he is having the simple seizures....he said that usually dogs with babesiosis show neurological symptoms after they are very sick but in this case he says is cerebral babesiosis and that is why evEn tho he looks extremely healthy he has had the simple seizures

The veterinarian has reccomenden we vaccinate him with IMIDOCARB, to attack the babesiosis virus, but i have red that this vaccine carries serious side effects and i would like to know your opinion about it.
Also when i asked him if this vaccine would get rid of the seizures the vet told me that he can not assure that 100% because he thinks the seizures are because of the "cerebral babesiosis" but maybe is something else and we have to try that vaccine at least to know if that gets rid of the problem

Im not convinced of risking my dogs healthy self to put this IMIDICARB vaccine that i have red is like acid.....even the vet cannot assure the simple seizures will be cured......I WOULD APRECCIATE SO MUCH IF YOU GIVE ME YOUR OPINIONS ABOUT IT and if someone knows about the serious side effects of IMIDOCARB

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
If you have doubts I would get a second opinion. If the bloodwork was a snap test I would request they send out a blood smear to look for the parasite.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts