Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are two of my dogs. Caly is the smaller femal, she's a little less than 50 pounds and Eko is the large black male, weighing in at about 73 pounds. Both of them were rescued from the same shelter, about a year and a half apart. It's hard to tell in the pictures but when he's standing you can see his ribs, so I'm working on getting his weight back up, along with some muscle. All of his canine teeth are worn down and chipped because he had been crated/tied up his whole life. Both of them are wonderful dogs and have done so much for me.

IMG_4966.jpg

IMG_4967.jpg

IMG_4970.jpg

IMG_4976.jpg

Enjoying bones after a nice play. Caly's fell off the couch right before the picture, at which point she decides..

IMG_4981.jpg
"Hey I want that one instead!"

IMG_4988.jpg
Sitting nicely

Any breed guesses are welcome, I know the pictures aren't the best to determine though.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
They are cute! As to breed, I see a lot of black lab in the one, and maybe catahoula x border collie in the other? I don't know.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are cute! As to breed, I see a lot of black lab in the one, and maybe catahoula x border collie in the other? I don't know.

Thanks! And yeah the shelter said Lab/Shepherd for the big one, he's got almost brindle striping if you see him in the right light, and I thought the same with the female, along with greyhound or something because she has the long legs and stride of a sighthound

·
Registered
545 Posts
Very cute! The black one looks like lab/shepherd (based on the longish muzzle that's kind of pointed up and the bushy-ish tail) to me. The markings of the other do remind me of catahoula, but she looks really small and not "boxy" enough. Maybe a touch mixed with something like an australian cattle dog?

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
You have very gorgeous dogs there! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts