Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone.

I have a 6 week old Jack Russell/Border Collie puppy named Busta. I should of picked him up at 10 weeks but the owner of the mum and dad recently became ill therefore i had to pick him up early.

He is doing really well but i have a question which i cant seem to find the answer to. He has a crate which a playpen is attached to giving him an area to sleep and an area to play in. He is doing really well in both areas but i only want him to be in there when i am not around (at work, sleeping, etc). When i am in the house i want him out with me. The problem i have it the playpen is of course enclosed with his wee pad, water, bed, etc inside, when he is out with me he cant access these things. Would you make a "door" to the playpen so he can get access to anything he needs then block the "door" when he needs to be confined?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Mark

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
When you have him out with you, I assume you are taking him outside to go potty? So, really, it's just his water and bed and such that you want to let him have access to? Yes, you can leave the door open, so he can go in if he needs a drink.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Or just buy another water bowl for outside the pen if you can't make a door. Kabota has two water bowls, one upstairs and one downstairs. But, he is an adult dog who is housetrained, so I don't need to be very aware of how much he's drinking. Your puppy shouldn't need wee pads if he's out with you, because you're taking him out. If he falls asleep, you can either transfer him to his bed in the pen, or let him sleep next to you or on you. (I personally love a dog in my lap, but that's up to you.)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts