Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two dogs,a Golden Retriver/great Pyrenees and a American Pit Bull Terrier.When they play,they look like they could kill one another,if they weren't so gentle in their playing. They nip at each others throat and neck and stomach.I know the larger one of the two is still a puppy and ABT is a little over a year old. Is this normal behavoir for all dogs or should I be worried?

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it, but always remember to supervise their play.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I usally supervise their play,Expect now it's too hot for them to do anything but lay in the shade.At least that's what their doing now.

·
Banned
617 Posts
My ABT has some dog aggression. It's all towards strange dogs. Once introduced he lets it go as long as I'm around. I never leave him alone with other dogs because I don't want to risk the chance of him turning.

He roughhouses with my boarder collie. The collie is a very gentle dog. When he gets her going she seems to enjoy it. He backs off and she comes at him they go back and forth. I notice he always keeps his teeth covered as well. I will play with him and he rolls on his back covering his teeth in the same way.

I would say nothing to worry about but as others have said only under supervision.

He tries to roughhouse with my mini pincher sometimes. She doesn't like it and will actually bite skin and pull. No puncture but it is a bite. He stops and leaves her alone when she does this. I would be afraid some day if I was not home that this might happen and the minpin would become an afternoon snack.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's actually both dogs that do it,not just the APBT. Both of them just lie around and nip at each other,nevr with intent or viciousness.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts