Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
This is a combination response with your other posts. Slow down, focus on keeping this puppy healthy and fed. There is no reason to introduce any new dogs until the puppy is fully vaccinated at 4ish months. Don't worry about if she plays or wants friends, many dogs grow to not want to socialize with other dogs anyway.

·
Administrator
12,456 Posts
Domestic dogs are genetically wired to socialize with their family - not other dogs. While many dogs enjoy playing with other dogs, one of the best dogs I've ever had had a passionate dislike for other dogs. She learned to tolerate my best friend's dog, but just barely. Her life was not lacking in the least.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Domestic dogs are genetically wired to socialize with their family - not other dogs. While many dogs enjoy playing with other dogs, one of the best dogs I've ever had had a passionate dislike for other dogs. She learned to tolerate my best friend's dog, but just barely. Her life was not lacking in the least.
No

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.