Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pitlab puppy, he is almost 4 months old. Last we visited the vet, he weighed in at 30 lbs at 3 months. His next vet visit is in a few days, I'm guessing he will weigh in at about 42 lbs.
What would you guys guess he will weigh once he's fully grown? I was thinking somewhere around 115 but that is just a guess. Anyone have a dog that weighed similar to mine when they were his age?
This thread is just for fun, curious as to how much Duke will weigh when he's older :)

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I would not expect a pit/lab cross to be that big. That is way bigger than labs or APBTs.

I would expect a 60-70 lb dog at maturity with that mix, but it's impossible to know without having seen the parents.

·
Registered
172 Posts
That growth pattern sounds remarkably like my pit mix. I'm not sure what exactly she's mixed with (I think it's german shepherd given the ears, but the Humane Society listed her as a lab mix).
She was 20 lbs the day we got her, and within a week she was 27. She grew at a remarkable clip. She is currently about 70-75 lbs at 14 months old. We are going to the vet tomorrow, so I will post her actual weight then.

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
I'm also going to say somewhere around 75 maybe!....that will depend a lot on what kinda shape he/she is kept in...;)

What I have heard is (for Pit bulls) to take the pups weight at 4 mo and double it to get an idea of their adult weight.....I did that with my APBT and she was about 10-15 under what I got (70)...she was about 35 at 4mo...and now she is about 55 at 15 mo...she will probably put a few more lbs on :cool:

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'm also going to say somewhere around 75 maybe!....that will depend a lot on what kinda shape he/she is kept in...;)

What I have heard is (for Pit bulls) to take the pups weight at 4 mo and double it to get an idea of their adult weight.....I did that with my APBT and she was about 10-15 under what I got (70)...she was about 35 at 4mo...and now she is about 55 at 15 mo...she will probably put a few more lbs on :cool:
Gir was sick and severely underweight when we got her. You could count every one of her little puppy ribs. Not only was she recovering from tapeworm, but she had chronic diarrhea from being fed low quality dog food that she wasn't digesting properly. She probably also had some other kind of worm. It took us almost 4 months of constant vet visits, deworming powder, new food, and antibiotics to get her healthy.
She's absolutely thriving now, but I wonder if she'd be even bigger if she hadn't had all the health problems as a puppy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts