Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,899 Posts
Thank you, 3GSD, that does clarify. I couldn't really extrapolate that you'd put specific work into house skills to that extent from your previous posts, which will certainly help her out with her transition. I was also likely confused by the way you talked about her lunging after critters on walks in your first post here -

Out walking the dog they may run across things that the dog wants to chase.. such as squirrels and rabbits with the net result of being yanked unexpectedly because the Dog sees the prey animal before the owner does. Now the new dog owner has to be vigilant and pay attention to their surroundings when they walk.
- This made it sound as if lunging on walks was normal unless she was being actively engaged (ie training) or actively being given cues to leave it, which is fine for people willing to work with a dog at that level, but not what I'd consider good leash manners for the average casual walk. Text isn't always the most effective way to communicate for sure, it seems like some things came off differently for me than how you intended them.

21 - 21 of 21 Posts