Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
That is just stupid and shows just how stupid people really are. Pit bulls can be dangerous yes but so can the lab mix that just killed that baby,or the chihauhua who was never trained and will coming flying out the door at people. Or the cocker spaniel that the family buys because "its the perfect childs dog" and then bites a child because the child has never been taught to respect anything and was cruel to the dog. I would like to know where they got the inherently dangerous,there is no proof that this breed is always dangerous or even agressive. I don't own a Pittie but I have met some really nice ones.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What they really need to do is pass a Stupid People law. :)

·
Registered
559 Posts
What they really need to do is pass a Stupid People law. :)
Then landlords could be held accountable for renting to stupid people, dogs who are raised with no training could abandon their stupid people to shelters - wait, then our shelters would be overrun with stupid people who would have to be put down because they're too stupid to be adopted. :)

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I suggest you people read the ruling rather than rely on a poorly constructed news story that has a number of mistatements in it. It isn't what you think. It is actually quite close to the "stupid people" law that some of you are calling for.

You might also want to review the legal meaning of strict liability (Wikipedia is your friend).

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's the ACTUAL ruling, please read it. Making assumptions on what a law contains based on a news story is like guaging our military by what's sold in an Army surplus store.

http://mdcourts.gov/opinions/coa/2012/53a11.pdf
Thanks for adding the actual ruling.
I fell for a sensationalized news story. Ooops. :redface:

I still would like to have a Stupid People law put into effect. hehehe

·
Registered
692 Posts
Sorry I read the news story as well. But I bet most people will never look for the actual ruling and just start dumping dogs for fear of being locked up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts