Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i was looking for a pitbull puppy:), there my favorite, but anyways i emailed some one asking about some that he was selling and i asked about temprament, age, and if it was a pure bred pup. when he e-mailed back this is what i got:

"'YES THEY ARE THE PARENTS ARE THE MOM IS FULL BLOODED REDNOSE AND THE DAD IS FULL BLOODED AMERICAN PITBULL WE HAVE 3 GIRLS AND 2 BOYS LEFT....THEY BEHAVE FINE."

To me it sounds like he just wants to get rid of them, and like he doesnt know much about temprament and such . what do you make of this?

·
Registered
472 Posts
A major red flag is "full blooded rednose" - Uneducated people will refer to a pit bull as a "nose type" - blue nose, red nose, etc. when in reality, nose color is just that. Nose color!
Rednose is not a different breed of pit bull, nor is bluenose.That's a huge sign that this person is an uneducated Back yard breeder.

·
Registered
9,710 Posts
A major red flag is "full blooded rednose" - Uneducated people will refer to a pit bull as a "nose type" - blue nose, red nose, etc. when in reality, nose color is just that. Nose color!
Rednose is not a different breed of pit bull, nor is bluenose.That's a huge sign that this person is an uneducated Back yard breeder.
UNLESS they SPECIFICALLY say "Old Family Red Nose". OFRN is a specific bloodline.

to the op

don't buy from this breeder. if you want to, you can pm me or hit me up on msn and I will go over pit bull breeders with you.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah thats what i thought but i wanted another persons opinion
A While ago i remember reading that red nose and blue nose arent two seperate breeds so when i read that i was just thinking "This guy does not know what hes talkings bout."

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
UNLESS they SPECIFICALLY say "Old Family Red Nose". OFRN is a specific bloodline.

to the op

don't buy from this breeder. if you want to, you can pm me or hit me up on msn and I will go over pit bull breeders with you.

But a OFRN is still a APBT right?

I know it started way back in Ireland and was closely guarded but then came to America....I have read about OFRN but it gets kinda confusing :(

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This guy just e-mailed me telling me to call him, AFTER i told him i wouldnt be buying his puppies

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
This guy just e-mailed me telling me to call him, AFTER i told him i wouldnt be buying his puppies
for fun...email him back and ask what his purpose for breeding was, are his dogs health tested, are they titled in anything, what their pedigrees are LOL

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
But a OFRN is still a APBT right?

I know it started way back in Ireland and was closely guarded but then came to America....I have read about OFRN but it gets kinda confusing :(
Yes OFRN is APBT. Just as any other bloodline. I think Zim was just making the point that they could name a line/strain that has the name red nose in it, unlike the ones who just say it is red nose pit as the breed.

OFRN actually consist of a few lines of which started in America.

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Yes OFRN is APBT. Just as any other bloodline. I think Zim was just making the point that they could name a line/strain that has the name red nose in it, unlike the ones who just say it is red nose pit as the breed.

OFRN actually consist of a few lines of which started in America.
OH....I wonder why I was under the impression that it started in Ireland?...I will hve to go back and find the articles I was reading...

ahh......here is where I got confused...About the middle of the last century there was a family of pit dogs in Ireland bred and fought chiefly in the counties of Cork and Kerry that were known as the "Old Family......I guess this article was saying this is where the OLD FAMILY name originated.....OFRN came later

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
OH....I wonder why I was under the impression that it started in Ireland?...I will hve to go back and find the articles I was reading...
Technically I guess they did, but then so did most other APBTs. OFRN alone wouldn't have specifically start there but our dogs ancestors (whether they are OFRN line or not) were imported from such places as England and Ireland. The pedigrees of OFRN dogs trace back to the same imports as those of other lines. Dogs like Colby's Pincher, CH Pilot, CH Paddy, Colby's Tige, Colby's Galtie, The Gas House Dog, Colby's Tige, ect are the dogs seen whether they be OFRN, Alligator, Eli or other.

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Technically I guess they did, but then so did most other APBTs. OFRN alone wouldn't have specifically start there but our dogs ancestors (whether they are OFRN line or not) were imported from such places as England and Ireland. The pedigrees of OFRN dogs trace back to the same imports as those of other lines. Dogs like Colby's Pincher, CH Pilot, CH Paddy, Colby's Tige, Colby's Galtie, The Gas House Dog, Colby's Tige, ect are the dogs seen whether they be OFRN, Alligator, Eli or other.

Yeah...I went back and re read ....and I guess what they are saying is that some of the foundation dogs came from Ireland that eventually may have led to OFRN lines...

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
Yeah...I went back and re read ....and I guess what they are saying is that some of the foundation dogs came from Ireland that eventually may have led to OFRN lines...
Ah that makes perfect sense to me.

I think there might be some misleading text out there or stuff getting spread around. As I meet people with "pure irish red nose pit bulls" which are only so because they have a red nose, most without any pedigree/paperwork.

I see a lot of american red nose crosses too...lol

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Ah that makes perfect sense to me.

I think there might be some misleading text out there or stuff getting spread around. As I meet people with "pure irish red nose pit bulls" which are only so because they have a red nose, most without any pedigree/paperwork.

I see a lot of american red nose crosses too...lol

LOL...ahhhh pit bull noses/colors......where every color is acceptable (beside Merrel) and yet people just can't resist trying to push one over the other as "rare" or "the only true"..etc :rolleyes:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts