Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Found this Little girl Wondering behind a stranger when I brought my dogs out. The man continued to walk not caring for the pup behind so I figured it wasnt his. Its not excatly warm out to leave her out. we brought her in gave her food and water. let her use an old collar i had. I put an Found notice on m local radio.
She has a deformed Tail so it looks like a pig tail or pug. still cute when she wags it.

If ANY of my dogs went missing for even an hour I would be in a panic state looking for them.
If no one claims her, I have someone who LOVE to have her.
What type of Pitbull is she?

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I am not the expert in breed identification, but she sure is cute! She looks Blue/seal to me in the pictures.

It looks like she might have a small infection in her left eye. Has she been scratching at it? You could try rinsing it out with some sterile water/saline solution.

She looks quite young as well! Poor girl...

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No she hasnt been scratching at it. tho after I wiped it, it never came back. must of gotten a little soap in it. Gave her a bath since she was filled with mud and dirt. That was my concern that even for a young pup she shouldnt have been off leash even without collars or tags. Some people just dont care I guess. its been an hour going on 2 since I put her on the radio as Found and no one has called yet. Poor girl. She enjoy playing with rex lol they are now playing tug

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
There is only one pit bull, that's the American pit bull terrier. All others are not pit bulls but other breeds, some from similar backgrounds, others are just ignorantly misidentified as such.

Except for the tail, she looks identical to this dog a person I know on Yahoo owns, except she is much older.

·
Registered
11,337 Posts
She looks fairly well cared for: her nails look trimmed, her weight looks good. Mud and dirt can cover a dog within hour of getting loose and collars are fairly easily broken.
Make sure to search well for an owner- have the vet scan her for a microchip to start with and put advertisements WITHOUT PHOTOS up on local websites, online classifieds (most newspapers will run free found animal ads), on Facebook etc.

Anyone that comes to claim her should be able to describe her unusual tail as well as her basic markings (white strip on nose, white on chest etc). Probably they'd have a cell phone pic of her at least, but not everyone has camera phones.

I would just say she is a "pit bull type" or "bully breed type"

Oh edit to add: the collar thing doesn't mean a bad owner necessarily. I have a neighbor who got a Pit Bull puppy about a year ago. He had a fully fenced yard and he had heard that collars are dangerous if they catch on something (which is true). So he let her out into his fully fenced yard without a collar on. She was fine until after having her maybe 2-3 weeks, one day she slipped out the fence (between the gate and post; not through a hole). He frantically searched for her all day, luckily I saw her trotting after a neighbor's kid that afternoon and recognized her. No collar, no tags obviously and no microchip (as she hadn't yet been to his vet for rabies and chipping). He was thrilled when I returned her and has been a good owner since then (at least, the dog is cared for well, mostly an indoor dog, good behavior and he had her microchipped).

·
Registered
509 Posts
She is a beautiful puppy! Congrats to you for taking her in from the cold & helping her :)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
She looks fairly well cared for: her nails look trimmed, her weight looks good. Mud and dirt can cover a dog within hour of getting loose and collars are fairly easily broken.
Make sure to search well for an owner- have the vet scan her for a microchip to start with and put advertisements WITHOUT PHOTOS up on local websites, online classifieds (most newspapers will run free found animal ads), on Facebook etc.

Anyone that comes to claim her should be able to describe her unusual tail as well as her basic markings (white strip on nose, white on chest etc). Probably they'd have a cell phone pic of her at least, but not everyone has camera phones.

I would just say she is a "pit bull type" or "bully breed type"

Oh edit to add: the collar thing doesn't mean a bad owner necessarily. I have a neighbor who got a Pit Bull puppy about a year ago. He had a fully fenced yard and he had heard that collars are dangerous if they catch on something (which is true). So he let her out into his fully fenced yard without a collar on. She was fine until after having her maybe 2-3 weeks, one day she slipped out the fence (between the gate and post; not through a hole). He frantically searched for her all day, luckily I saw her trotting after a neighbor's kid that afternoon and recognized her. No collar, no tags obviously and no microchip (as she hadn't yet been to his vet for rabies and chipping). He was thrilled when I returned her and has been a good owner since then (at least, the dog is cared for well, mostly an indoor dog, good behavior and he had her microchipped).
I trimmed her nails before giving her a bath because they were long and thought she would scratch me. I dont think anyone gets there dog microchip dont even think the vets do it here in our area because they would have mention it to me with my own dogs. Most of the dogs here dont have collars and are set to "run free" but mostly not this young and let alone in the cold. its been a day with the announce on the radio. where I live is very small. if they lost a dog for sure it gets around fast.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
She is a beautiful puppy! Congrats to you for taking her in from the cold & helping her :)
Thank you. :) I would take in any dog if it needed my help. her owner may not have care for her or maybe they did. i wont know. if no one claims her my friend is willing to take her and get her needles done and be her froever home. :D

·
Registered
203 Posts
What a gorgeous puppy! :) I hope her owners are searching for her and take her back to a good home. Otherwise, I'm very happy she ran into such a great dog owner. ;) I wanna kiss that wrinkly forehead sooooo bad!!

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
I'd do more to try to find an owner. Take her to a vet or shelter to be scanned for a microchip. If she doesn't have one you might want to call the local shelters and vets to give them a description so if someone comes looking they will know she's been found. Shelters and vets are one of the first places people look when their dog goes missing. Put up flyers in the area, and as already mentioned do not put her pic on it and do not mention she has a funky tail. If someone says she's theirs they should be able to describe her, the tail is very unique and things like only half her nose having the white markings. Just a basic description is all you need, like "Found, young pitbull type puppy near [general location] on [day]. Call to identify."

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Owner we're found! I didnt ask how she got loose but they should be picking her up today! :D glad she'll be going back home. Her name is Piggy. xD because of her tail thats how they were able to know it was her.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts