Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
URGENT

This is from a cross post on another board:

If you are in the Pikeville KY area can you help?

The shelter was flooded last nite and this morning hit by a mudslide. The building holding the food and supplies is destroyed.

The isolation building with the moms, puppies and kittens is about ready to collapse.

They are seeking help from anyone available to help them move these animals.

If you are in the area and can help, please PM me and I will give you telephone numbers of shelter contacts.

Thanks.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nobody in the area that's willing to help these animals????? :(

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
Give it some time Reno, alot of people aren't even out of bed yet or are at church.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BUMPING THIS UP!!!!! It's too urgent to be buried!!!!!

·
Registered
467 Posts
The area is really remote and way in the coalfields. I am not TOO far from there, but far enough that it would be too much for me to get there today or tomorrow. (besides that pesky work thing I've got going tomorrow)

This whole area has had lots and lots of rain. We are all dealing with it in one way or another.

I hope everything goes well. I can talk to my SO, and if animals need foster homes, we may be able to help. Feel free to PM me if you need any details.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Trixie and Dogstar I PMed you with the contact information.

Thank you for stepping up to try to help these animals.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I would try but thats over 800miles away for me it would take 3 days for me to drive there
Thanks. I was hoping more of the DF members that live closer would respond... :(

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you so much K. I've sent you a PM with contact information.

I don't have any connection to this other than crossposting their plea for help.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bump

They still need help

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I copied and pasted this from another board.

they still need help. i just got this:

Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 12:13:10 -0400
Subject: PIKEVILLE FLOODED PARTIAL LIST OF DOGS NEEDING HELP
Rescues,

Pikeville, KY flooded. They lost everything. I am standing ready to coordinate volunteer transport to you..Please tag these dogs quickly..They have no place to go..
CONTACT JANE SIKES AT [email protected] OR CALL 606 794 3353

Please... if anyone can offer any kind of help I'm sure it would be appreciated.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Oh my, I wish I were in a different situation so I could help. :( I hope people step up for these poor animals. Rescue is such an amazing experience, if you can, please help.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts