Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

Piddling Problem!!

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Westhighlander 
#1 ·
In the last week, my 8.5 month old mini dachshund has developed a nasty piddling problem. He only does it after we remove him from his crate after work (not in the mornings after sleeping) and he doesn't seem to be able to control himself. He is otherwise potty trained, so we don't scold him as we don't want to upset him further. He also got a collar in the last week that sprays lemon at his nose when he barks (we live in a tiny apartment, and we were either to lose him completely, or resort to this). We are working on seperation training, as well as lots of obedience training to help him gain confidence. Any other suggestions?!:confused:

#6 ·
It did, although it does seem to have improved slightly in the past day or so. We are not greeting him when he exits the cage at all. We are trying to pay him the most attention when he is quiet and calm, or when we are working on tricks. I do hate the idea of that collar, but we have some neighbors who are very picky and we don't want to be evicted. Poor little guy...

#7 ·
It might be excitement. My dog Banjo does the same thing. When we get home, we have to immediately bring her outside otherwise she pees. She, too, can't control it and will pee on herself.
It may have to do with anxiety? Maybe the collar is making your dog more anxious and so he is more excited when you come home. Banjo has a lot of anxiety.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.