Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I've had my puppy for a few weeks now. My boyfriend and I are pretty firm and consistent with her training and she's picking up well. Her house training is going slow, but okay, however, this weekend we have come across a new problem in this area. My boyfriend and his brother live together and whenever his brother's girlfriend came into the house this weekend, Levi, our small puppy, would get excited and then pee a little onto the floor in front of her. We had other visitors drop by throughout the weekend, and she was just as excited to see them, but didn't pee on the floor. The one thing that I noticed is that his brother's girlfriend wears a lot of perfume. Could there be something in perfumes that combined with her excitement, is encouraging her relax her bladder a little?

She also peed a little bit when my boyfriend's sister came over and was also wearing heavy perfume, but the other times she came over on the weekend and wasn't wearing perfume, the dog controlled her bladder.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thats so weird because our Long haired Dachshund does the same thing there are like 2people that come over that will cause him to pee a little and he is fine with everyone else. neither of these people wear perfume when they come to our house....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts