Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The pictures are of my youngest sons dog. She is a wonderful black lab. over the past few months she began having trouble with her ears. I asked my son about it while we were visiting last week.

They appear to be tender, and he has been using some antiseptic paste to clean them but it does not appear to do anything.

I asked what the vet said and he told me he did not have the money to take her. (He lost his job last year) I know he loves that dog and will do anything to fix it.

The dog also has a nasty looking gouge next to her ear from scratching there we think.

She does have a few spots around her body too that she seems to scratch a lot and has lost some hair. Someone told him she had sand fleas. How should he attack that problem. They do live in south east Michigan near the beach.

Anyone that can help it will be appreciated, and I will pass all the information on to him.

Thank you all

Attachments

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
Labs are prone to ear problems. I found that food allergies are a common cause. Do you know what he feeds her? Blue power ear wash (http://www.dogforums.com/dog-health-questions/6964-blue-power-ear-wash.html) can help (swab the inside of her ear with a cotton ball after applying the wash), but if it's allergies no topical will help for long. If you see any pus at all, don't put anything in her ears! She'll need antibiotics if they're infected. But most ear problems are yeast related, and the ear wash helps with that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts