Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,446 Posts
I'm still on Victor Country Canine Chicken (grain free) even after the switch. I did notice a bit of increased shedding, but, the new bag with the new formula also arrived a day or two after we moved. Ralphie usually sheds a bit more when he's done something exciting or stressful, such as a move, a stay at daycare, or during and shortly after agility trials. We had him at daycare while we moved, and having to get used to a new house is, I imagine, quite stressful. I was not surprised by the shedding.

Everything is back to normal now. I suspect he gets into cat food sometimes when the kitties push it down, so I think some loose stools might be because of that, but mostly they are well formed and firm. Shedding isn't more than normal, but I also give him fish oil supplement because of his allergies. Coat is soft and shiny. I haven't noticed any excessive itching, which can be a problem with his allergies. He is energetic and loving life. I have had zero problems which I can attribute to the formula switch.

We tell people all the time on this forum that the best dog food is something that is in your budget that your DOG does well on. Perhaps YOU have a problem with the formula switch, but perhaps Brae's body is telling you that Victor is the best it's going to get. Maybe first focus on finding something that he digests well, and then address the shedding with supplements such as fish oil.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts