Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone try the Peticure nail trimming tool. It looks interesting as it is supposed to be quieter than a normal dremmel. Just looking for options.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
I'd also be interested to hear thoughts on this product....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes I bought one around mid November and due to a shortage and a quality issue I did not receive it till February 16. It took forever. It is cordless and runs on batteries. Upon receiving it it came with very limited instructions which basically told me to go to their web site to learn how to use this thing. So I went there and they have some nice instructable videos on how to use the Peticure. My first thoughts when I looked at it in the box was what a horrible color. :eek: So I picked it up to give it a further look. The first thing that came to mind was this was a Dremel. And the first thing that I associate with a Dremel is quality, which what I was holding in my hand was far from it. It feels and looks really cheap, one drop could put me out $60+. So naturally the batteries didn't come charged so I put the battery on the charger for about 4 hours. The batteries get extremely hot while charging and during use, which is a very bad for a rechargeable battery, it will greatly shorten the life of it.

My first use of this device it was nosier than I though it would be. Not much less than a regular Dremel. Of course my dog was afraid of it due to the unknown but she stopped struggling after about five minutes. This device does a very good job at trimming my dogs nails. My dogs nails were long so the first time took about 10 minutes with learning how to use it correctly and training my dog how not to be afraid. It is easy to learn and BEST of all it doesn't hurt my dog like those horrible clippers I bought from Petsmart. The only thing that sets this apart from a regular Dremel is the attachment at the end which collects MOST of the dust, because after all all you are doing with this is sanding down their nails, oh yeah lets not forget the cheap construction.

Well after using this for about three weeks I can say my dog doesn't mind it and she doesn't struggle. I will say I have hit her Quick a couple of times and both times did NOT draw blood, a plus. It did still hurt her but nothing like using those nail clippers would. I can now do all hr nails in about 5 minutes so it's quick. I have noticed the battery last about 8 minutes be four noticeably slowing down and start to loose power which starting out was annoying at, and if you have more than one dog you may have to charge the battery in between.

I WOULD recommend this only because it saves my dog so much pain and I'm not nervous at all using this like those horrible nail clippers.

I use this on a 40 lb. Blue Heeler

Pros: Doesn't scare the dog off, fast, cordless, not very messy.

Cons: Cheap parts, battery life is short.

Be four you buy this you may want to check this out : How to dremel a dogs nails

If you would like to purchase this you can find the here at Peticure's website.

·
Registered
1 Posts
OH MY GOD! I love my Peticure…after just two times of using it I feel totally comfortable filing my baby’s nails. I was never comfortable using the dremmel because it bumped and skipped and felt very unstable. This new guard thingy makes it completely stable while filing. I can get the nail rounded and smooth in just seconds. Who cares about the color? I am sure your dog doesn’t mind. This is a safer, more humane way to trim your dog’s nails.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello!

I used this product two times now (each weekend) & I LOVE IT!!

This is SO much better than the regular nail clippers.....I am very careful when using it on my two Boston's & haven't hit the quick or anything, which is always a plus.....

I always hated paying $9 or so just to have them trim one dog's nails, let alone two dogs......:eek:

It's a little bulky, I think, but still awesome! It does a great job & after a minute of being turned on (for each dog), they got used to it really quick & they don't seem to mind it, at all, now......

I haven't had any problems with the battery not staying charged even with two dogs & I can tell you the 1st time of doing this, it took me about 10 minutes per dog because I wanted to be extra careful & make sure I was doing it right.....

My dog's nails are so much shorter already than they used to be, pretty soon I can get them exactly where they need to be & without paying crazy amounts to the groomers & vets!! :)

I give this product an A+++!!! I never want to be without it!!! :D

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
A friend bought one and my opinion is that it's a piece of junk, especially for the price. I bought a (cordless) mini mite dremel for around $30. Much better product.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I can't speak for anyone else, but I still LOVE this product, it's AWESOME (3rd time I've used it now), SUPER SUPER SUPER!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
I was also wondering because I've been looking into using a dremel. I hate paying $10 a week just to get his nails cut. I was going to try out a regular (human) nail dremel and see how that goes. It's not worth spending $30+ when something I already have will work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just purchased this product, and so far, I LOVE it! It took three weeks for it to arrive. The instructions included in the box were a little vague, and did not state how long to charge the batteries or when to switch out the filing bands. The website had nice video instructions but it did not address these items either.

It did not take long for my two dogs to become comfortable with the noise. The instructions do provide good advice on how to condition your dog to be comfortable with the product. Once they knew it wasn't going to hurt, they were fine with it. The safe guard attachment is great, especially for novice groomers (like me). It collects most of the dust and is easily removed for cleaning.

I have had no trouble with battery life. I took my time using this product for the first time with our two dogs and it never seemed to loose power. If too much pressure is applied, the filing band will stop spinning. You can bump up the power level if necessary, but I didn't mind it at all.

Customer service seems to be great! I contacted the company once with a minor question through email. They responded within 24 hours and were extremely helpful!

I definitely recommend this product! It's been great for my dogs and my hardwood floors! It is a very safe and humane alternative to traditional nail clippers, and produces a much smoother and attractive finished result. A++

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have noticed that peticure sells a dremel guard, which essentially turns a dremel into a peticure, would this solve the power or quality issues that some of you have mentioned, while reaping the advantages (no hair catches, more even trimming, catching the waste) of the peticure?

Appreciate all responses!

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I have noticed that peticure sells a dremel guard, which essentially turns a dremel into a peticure, would this solve the power or quality issues that some of you have mentioned, while reaping the advantages (no hair catches, more even trimming, catching the waste) of the peticure?

Appreciate all responses!
It only fits certain models and mine is not one of them. It would probably work though.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone. My dog is a nightmare to trim nails on so this dd look intriguing. I'm not totally convinced that a dremmel might not be just as good.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Be very carefull if and when ordering this product. I ordered the product the last week of January, and my charge card was billed within 2 days. When I still did not have it by the end of February, I called to cancel the order. After trying to convince me not to cancel, they finally agreed to a refund by check. I had originally paid by credit card, but they said they did not have the ability to credit my card. I agreed to accept a check and was told I would receive it within 10 business days or two weeks. After 3 1/2 weeks and still no check, I emailed someone by the name of Jayden Drelinger(who had emailed me to apologize that I did not receive the product in a timely maner), to let him know that now I had not received the refund I was told I would get. After about a week he emailed me saying that he had credited my credit card(something I was told they did not have the ability to do), and the very next day I noticed on my account a "charge" from pedicure for the same amount that I was supposed to be credited. I can understand an oversite from a company, but this many regarding one transaction? This company obviously needs some business management help. I have now paid for 2 of the peticures and never received one! And now who knows how long or even if I will get either of the refunds. I will be notifying the BBB on Monday of the poor business procedures that this company is practicing. I can't actually say anything about the product, but the company itself is not very professional. They say it was just a big rush that they had at Christmas time that caused this delay, but I didn't even place my order until a month after Christmas. I think this company has a list of excuses that they give their reps to use. Just be carefull if you do order this product and know what to watch for if you don't get your product, and/or have to ask/demand a refund.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Simi4Sami,

You have probably already done this, but....

Talk to your credit card company. You can withhold the payment of the Pedicure(s) while your hasseling with the company.

Please be sure to document EVERYTHING! Dates and times of phone calls, e-mails etc., and who you talked to. You're going to need all the proof you can get.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you so much for your thoughts. Yes I have contacted my bank, and I have all the exchanged emails, and the name of the customer service rep I spoke with. I appreciate the advise and the support. I just hope this company gets someone to help them with their problems. Thanks again!

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
My biggest problem is the noise. I wont be buying the Peticure, but a regular old dremmel is just so loud.
Noise was a problem with my original Dremel also. It is an Oster and quite loud.

I purchased another from Target. It's a small one and very quiet, it's also cordless. I've been very happy with it and so are the dogs. So don't give up if you really want to try a dremel.

Thank you so much for your thoughts. Yes I have contacted my bank, and I have all the exchanged emails, and the name of the customer service rep I spoke with. I appreciate the advise and the support. I just hope this company gets someone to help them with their problems. Thanks again!
With some of the posts here and on another board this company sounds like it might be in trouble. Keep trying to get your refunds, before it goes out of business and you get nothing.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
What model did you get from Target? It's small? Does it still have enough power to work well for a big dog?
Dremel 4.8v Cordless. It does 4 little dogs (Boston Terrier, Chihuahua, and 2 Dachshunds). I believe there is another model one step up. Check it out next time your in the store.

I was thinking of ordering the guard but this Dremel is too small for it.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts