Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(if in the wrong section, I'm sorry)

Ok so I first heard of this service when a friend gave me a tag for Manna. Basically it's a QR code on a tag that links to a free profile with you info and your pets info (vacs, allergies, ect)
they have different levels of protection some free and some paid, I get the silver membership myself.

But I was wondering, how many people here use them? Think it's a good idea?

I just thinks it's awesome because when people see a code that's not on food or merchandise will scan it just because it's there (or at least the people I know).

I didn't want to make this look like advertising so no link, but feel free to google it or what not.

·
Registered
17,901 Posts
I'll be honest - I'd rather have nothing more linked to my pet than my contact information and rabies status. Maybe 'needs meds' or 'deaf, please hold' (on bug's tag) to encourage them to be given back.

Somehow, irrationally, I feel like a health history and allergy information and the like would be more than likely to end up with someone not giving me my dog back. ...Apparently, I don't trust people that much.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Or, on the flip side, if your dog is in distress and hurts someone, anything that indicates you knew your dog was 'potentially dangerous' could make you liable.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All the information on there is voluntary so the only things on it are her vac status, picture, my contact info, my vets contact info, and peanut allergy because if someone feeds her a treat with peanut butter it'll be bad.

I'd rather a stranger take her than make her suffer peanut death.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts