Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's reletively inexpensive. 38lb bag for only $45. There's no corn, soy, wheat, by-products etc. First 3 ingredients are Chicken, Chicken Meal and Brown Rice. Protein is 24%. www.petguard.com. Opinions greatly appreciated. Oh, you can buy this at Whole Foods.

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
Looks OK. I can find similar quality foods for less, but that depends on the area you live in. I tried the canned cat food, but my picky beasts wouldn't eat it. Of course, the dogs were happy to take care of the leftovers! :D

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
If this is the food that you are asking about, then I would say it is probably mid quality as far as ingredients go. That the first ingredient is a meat is fine, but it's not until 7 ingredients later that another meat product appears; meaning there is more weight, vegetable wise, than meat.

Organic Chicken,Organic Quinoa, Organic Peas, Organic Ground Whole Soybeans, Organic Flax Seed, Organic Brown Rice, Organic Whole Eggs, Organic Chicken Fat (Preserved With Mixed Tocopherols), Chicken Broth, Organic Sunflower Oil (Preserved With Mixed Tocopherols), Organic Alfalfa, Organic Kelp, Organic Potatoes, Organic Carrots,

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
I think the food the OP was asking about is this formula: http://www.petguard.com/dog-products/dry-food/lifespan
not the organic. It looks fine....a bit grainy but not too bad. More expensive (for me) than Chicken Soup, which has more meat ingredients. But, depending on the area the OP lives in, it could be a good price for the quality.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts