Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

Petcurean dog food (Go Fit + Free)

10K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Nialr35 
#1 ·
Any insight into this Canadian company and the Go! puppy food in particular? I'm feeding Blue Buffalo right now but I'm nervous about the recent Diamond recall involving some of the major brands. I know Petcurean had a recall at some point in the past involving a U.S. manufacturing facility but I seem to remember reading somewhere that they now do all their manufacturing in-house and north of the border.

#5 ·
I prefer foods produced in-house personally, but not always. I believe Merrick is run in-house but I don't particularly like their quality control either.

I like Petcurean, but haven't fed the new formulas. He did well on Go! Endurance (which I believe is now the Fit + Free) but didn't like the taste. They had an issue way back in 2003, while some of their food was made AT a Merrick facility, but the immediately changed and I liked the way I read about how they handled it.

Blue Buffalo is made at a lot of different places... I think they have, like, five different manufacturing plants.

I want to feed a Go! formula formula again and see how he does on it, but have no real input other than I like what I see. It's pricier around here though.

#6 ·
Try ANY of the Acana grain-free formulas and you WILL NEVER look back. Trust me, been there. done that. I recomment either the Wild prairie or Pacifica for young puppies, and any of the four grain-free formulas for adult dogs. It's so good, solid poop, 2-3 times a day, lots of energy, lean body, great shape, great coat, great eyes/ears. The second best thing to feeding Raw.

#7 ·
It's so good, solid poop, 2-3 times a day, lots of energy, lean body, great shape, great coat, great eyes/ears.
lol, I've gotten those same results on an array of different foods. And I disagree that it's in any way similar to feeding raw.

#9 ·
1) I was talking about the results I have gotten with a particular brand. I NEVER said you could not get similar results with other brands.
2) I NEVER said it's similar to feeding raw. In my oppinion like I mentioned above; Acana or orijen (ingredient wise at least) are the second best thing to feeding raw (kibble-wise). I never used the word similar, I just said it's a great alternative.

#12 ·
1) I was talking about the results I have gotten with a particular brand. I NEVER said you could not get similar results with other brands.
2) I NEVER said it's similar to feeding raw. In my oppinion like I mentioned above; Acana or orijen (ingredient wise at least) are the second best thing to feeding raw (kibble-wise). I never used the word similar, I just said it's a great alternative.
Label reading will only get you so far. Appropriate composition and the quality of the individual chosen ingredients will show itself in real life, whatever activities the dog is involved in. There is no such thing as "the best" dog food. You can grade within different needs, activities, beliefs, social awareness, cost, etc. etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.