Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a coupon for a free bag of dog food from Petco. This is the list of brands I can choose from. Which one would you get and why. Thanks! :)

Avoderm
Nature's Recipe
Ultramax
Organix
Pro Plan Selects
Pet Promise
Natural Balance
Nutra Ultra

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
No contest... Natural Balance. :D

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Another vote for NB. :)

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
Are you looking for a food you'll use all the time, or just a one-time fling?

If I had a coupon for a bag of free food, I'd get Organix, because it's the most expensive :p . And then give it to my dogs as a special treat. For long-term use I'd definitely get Natural Balance.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I highly recommened Blue Buffalo. I love it b.c. my baby is epileptic and that is the only food that I have found that has not caused any seizures! I heard that Natural Balance is awesome too!! Best of luck!

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Natural Balance

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you for all your responses. I picked up a bag of Natural Balance and Lilly seems to really like it.

More Free Food! I took advantage of a promotion at a local pet shop that only carries premium pet food. With proof of adoption from a shelter- they have a coupon for a free bag of dog food. After a little research- I picked Wellness Puppy formula. This food is pricey so once it is gone I will probably resume with the Natural Balance.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Lillys Mom... there's a reason..... its better food... in fact, the list of previously mentioned foods all contain grain..... and are low in protien.. under 25%... the truely best foods for your dogs are grain free..with protien levels between 32%- 42% .youll find they range in price from 45$ - 70$ for what is increasingly less then 30 lbs... just for your info... go to a site called "The Dog Food Project" just google it.. this woman did a comprehensive study on dog food, myths, anayliss etc, and there are food lists provided.. if you cant afford these foods.... not to worry.... do the best you can...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts