Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something DH and I have been thinking about is pet sitting to earn a little extra money...I've noticed in looking for a pet sitter myself, someone to keep dogs overnight in their home, that alot of people are willing to come over two or three times a day and feed/walk, but not alot are willing/able to have dogs stay at their house....

Anyway, wondering if it would be worth putting an ad out, nothing big time, just a dog or two at a time, and we wanted some extra opinions....things I should be concerned about, things other people will be concerned about/want/need that I could address....thoughts?

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
Liability is the big thing especially when dealing animals. What happens if a dog you're watching bites someone at your house? What if a dog you're watching escapes? Or is attacked by a dog at your place for some reason? What if a dog you're watching has a medical issue and passes away? These are things that I would be worried about.

Essentially you'd just be boarding and there may be local regulations on boarding that you'd want to be aware of.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, that was my first and main concern, liability...and maybe that's why more people don't do it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts