Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully this is the right forum section to post this:
Our dog is very energetic and high-strung and I've been considering insurance for her.
I got a couple of quotes online and so far Healthy Paws seems the best since we are on a budget. But I read some not so good reviews on them, does anyone have a recommendation for other options?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just signed up for Trupanion. They came recommended by a few people so I thought I would give them a try. I haven't used it yet, we are still in our waiting period. i liked that they do let you choose your deductible which does affect the price.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just signed up for Trupanion. They came recommended by a few people so I thought I would give them a try. I haven't used it yet, we are still in our waiting period. i liked that they do let you choose your deductible which does affect the price.
Thanks irvol. That is the one plan I looked into to compare, and the prices were higher than HealthyPaws for less coverage.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I have Healthy Paws insurance. I however have not had to put in a claim so can't really comment. I think you will often find good and bad comments for almost anything depending on people's experience.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I have Healthy Paws insurance as well. I feel I get the most bang for my buck with them and have never had a problem. I have filed one claim and had no issues.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have Healthy Paws insurance as well. I feel I get the most bang for my buck with them and have never had a problem. I have filed one claim and had no issues.
I have Healthy Paws insurance. I however have not had to put in a claim so can't really comment. I think you will often find good and bad comments for almost anything depending on people's experience.
Thank you both.
I have a question for you. Some of the bad reviews I've read about them said they raise the rates pretty severely over time. Have either of you been with them for a couple years and noticed this?

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
The rates do go up, but I'm pretty sure most of them do go up yearly (although I'm not totally sure). I have had them for about 3 years, and I want to say mine has gone up from about $38/month to $45/month - and my dog is only 4.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The rates do go up, but I'm pretty sure most of them do go up yearly (although I'm not totally sure). I have had them for about 3 years, and I want to say mine has gone up from about $38/month to $45/month - and my dog is only 4.
Thanks again. I think I will go with them. I appreciate the info.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Thanks again. I think I will go with them. I appreciate the info.
No problem. I think they are a good choice. For me, it was a toss up between them and PetPlan. But Healthypaws was cheaper for the same (or better) coverage.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Awesome!

I think they warn you when you sign up, but has your dog had a physical exam in the past 12 months? If not, they need one during the waiting period or it could void your policy.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Awesome!

I think they warn you when you sign up, but has your dog had a physical exam in the past 12 months? If not, they need one during the waiting period or it could void your policy.
Thanks! Yes, she had a vet exam about a month ago so we're good to go. Yesterday I had the vet fax over her medical records to them too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts