Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why do you like your pet insurance?
Looking into this for new pup. Never had it before. Would have really been handy with the 2 current old ladies.
So many choices!

·
Registered
2 Posts
It seems to me that animals are much more in need of insurance than people. They can't take care of themselves. I have insured my animals and can help you with this issue. I was also looking for insurance because there are a lot of animals in my kennel and they all need medical care and examination. I had never encountered this problem before and didn't know where to turn. I applied for a home business here petbusinessinternational.com.au and they helped me solve everything in a short time and at a good price. Now I'm completely calm and don't worry about my Pets!

·
Registered
177 Posts
I use Healthy Paws. Haven't had to use it yet, but I've read good things about them. Just something to look into.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I love healthy paws, I’ve never had a problem with a pay out. Highly recommend getting it the day you bring your animal home, therefore there are no pre-existing conditionS

·
Registered
67 Posts
I researched pet insurance a couple years ago after a few friends had some major vet bills.
Healthy Paws was high on my list, but I went with Embrace.
I only got it on 2 of my dogs as our other 2 would have been SUPER expensive, due to their age.
Embrace offers multi-pet discount, spay/neuter discounts and if you're eligible for USAA insurance, they give a discount for that was well. So, I was able to get all 3 discounts, which made it super affordable.
One of my dogs did have a dermatological issue during her wait period (rash on her belly), so that obviously wasn't covered. Then 9 months later, she got an ear infection (a wave hit her at the beach) and they wouldn't cover it since they considered that a dermatological issue as well. They said if she can go 12 months without another issue, then she'll be covered with future problems.
One of my dogs got cancer, and after I paid the deductible, they paid 80%, which was a HUGE help.
I got my puppy covered, and paid for a year of Wellness for him so all his puppy shots, microchip & neuter is covered.
I'll drop that when the year is up as it is a bit more than basic routine vet care.
I'm getting a new dog in a couple weeks and she'll be added to my policy as well.

You need to decide what options are important to you. What you want to spend as far as deductible/coverage, etc. Check each company to see if they cover what you want. Some don't cover end of life, others do. Some cover dental better. Some offer wellness, but it adds to your cost...is your basic wellness cost worth it? Some cover cancer better than others, some offer more alternative coverage better than others. Some won't cover dogs over a certain age, the coverage on some will raise quite a bit as the dog reaches a certain age (9 or 10 usually)

A friend has Embrace and one year they paid out over 31K in vet bills for ONE of her dogs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts